Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Monday 15 October 2012

Happy Feet

Day 289 Monday 15th October 6.9 miles : miles to date 1911 It was with some relief tonight that my legs appeared to be on their way back. Fi and I joined our friend Francesca Hardwick's new running club, Happy Feet. I slipped on my go fast trainers to get me in the mood for some speed work. The club is a new group encouraging runners of mixed ability. Tonight's plan was based on a traditional pyramid session, building up from one minute efforts to five and back down again. Having been introduced to the group as someone who wants to go sub three for a marathon, the pressure was on. I set off for the first effort at a fair click and in truth just felt good, despite the rather large dinner sloshing around inside. I felt strong enough to push it on each effort and felt a little relieved that my legs appear to be on their way back to working order. Whilst I was in front on my own, the fact that there were other runners behind meant that I carried on pushing through each effort. The daps did their job tonight. Fi also clearly felt the need for speed and benefited from other runners around pushing her on. All in all, a good nights running for the Owen household. Happy feet has got off to a great start. It is small, friendly and is a good alternative to larger running clubs. I hope it goes from strength to strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment