Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Sunday 16 December 2012

Christmas party run toooo

Day 350 Saturday 14th December 4.2 miles : miles to date 2345 After last nights partying, today's run was always going to be short and squeezed into what ever gap I could find, before I head out tonight with a group of blokes who like playing with funny shaped balls. I headed over to Bedford Park run, which had been cancelled this morning for no obvious reason. The course was clear and I lapped the park four times, overtaking a lady a few times as I did so. After starting slowly, my hung over feeling subsided and I started motoring, partly due to the need to pick Jimbo up from watching the mighty Blues trounce the once mighty Neath. I was flying by the end and the woman I passed must have experienced the Doppler Effect. This is the change in frequency of a wave (or other periodic event) for an observer moving relative to its source. It is commonly heard when a vehicle sounding a siren or horn approaches, passes, and recedes from an observer. The received frequency is higher (compared to the emitted frequency) during the approach, it is identical at the instant of passing by, and it is lower during the recession. Whilst I didn't have a siren, I was pushing hard in sections and for once was breathing quite hard. Right, time to get the party pants back on and over eat at a Chinese buffet with the boy wonder and the rest of the rugby crew. It is Christmas after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment