Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Saturday 31 March 2012

Almost a PB

Day 91 Saturday 31st March 3 miles: miles to date 585.1 Whilst navigating for Mrs.O tonight as we hurtled back from Newcastle trying to break the land speed record, a text arrived at 7pm asking me if I wanted a number for a 20 mile race tomorrow. My party ravaged, dehydrated and weak body said no, but my texting fingers said yes. On arrival home at 8pm, I went straight into training, drinking a glass of water and hunting for headache tablets, followed by the inevitable three mile run before diving into a chippie for a pre-race pie and chips. Perhaps not the best training programme but to be fair, I wasn't planning on doing much at all on Sunday save recovering and a bit of old man's gardening. The race is only four miles from my place and I'm even half thinking of running there and back, although I'm not sure that's a good idea after this week's debauchery. Fi just missed out on the record, albeit logging a time that I would happily take as a marathon PB. I can't share the actual time for fear of getting her collar felt by the boys in blue. Let's just say, she will be driving back next time. Mind you, after having my heart rate determined today by a Doctor at 48, I think if he checked it again it might be a bit higher tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment