Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Sunday 1 April 2012

Day 92 Sunday 1st April 20 miles: miles to date 605.1 Having picked up an entry late last night to the Oakley 20, my hedonistic week in Scotland had the potential for biting me where it hurts. I have eaten and drunk so much, that there was no way I was going to try to run fast today and instead went out with my rucksack and camera with the intention of taking lots of pics all the way around. I was happy to take it easy, partly bearing in mind that I have a 28 mile marathon next Saturday and want to try to increase the miles this week as well. The race turned into a 20 mile fartlek session. I ran for a mile or two, pulled over to the side, unpacked the camera, took the snaps, packed up and then ran past all the peeps that I had just taken photo's of. I was running well within myself, partly hoping that I wouldn't throw up. I think I must have passed one bloke six or seven times and in fact I became a bit aware I was doing that. I didn't want to demoralise anyone or make them think I was taking the mickey somehow, so in the last quarter I stopped taking the photos and just ran in, save at the very end when I chanced upon a friend from the village. Due to my earlier stop starting, my pace oscillated wildly from under six minutes to over twelve according to the garmin. Not exactly even pacing, but hey ho, this was a training run and not a race. It was great to see so many peeps out from the club doing the race and lots of others not running supporting. Some brilliant times were posted and most seemed to have done what they set out to achieve, me included.

No comments:

Post a Comment