Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Thursday 6 September 2012

A taper???

Day 250 Thursday 6th September 4.2 miles : miles to date 1656.2 As I was about to start up the afterburners on the Owenmobile at 11 pm tonight, I had a bit if a shock as a runner stormed past me running right down the middle of the road. I had to pause, look in the mirror and just make sure it wasn't me. It wasn't. I have often wondered what drivers might think when they see me running at them at that time or later, which I have had to do a few times recently. It was a mixture of can't you organise your day better to be able to run at a decent time, you must be barking and can I get my daps on quickly enough to catch him. No was the short answer. I had put in an earlier easy run in the daylight, as part of a three day pre race taper. I have at short notice been able to wangle an entry into a local half marathon at the weekend and want to have a crack at a new PB. In the last six or seven years, I have only run three half's and strangely my current PB of 1.41 something was set in this race seven years ago. Since then, I have concentrated on marathons and very long ultras almost exclusively to get the juices going. When I stayed in bed until around an hour before a marathon last year, turning up with about two minutes to go, I knew I needed a new challenge. One great side effect of the Voldemort schedule, is that I have become excited again at running 5ks, 10ks and now a half. Whoop whoop woohoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment