Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Monday 9 July 2012

Day 191 Monday 9th July 5 miles : miles to date 1250.4 If you want my body and you think I'm sexy,Come on honey, tell me so If you really need me, just reach out and touch me,Come on sugar, let me know. Has there ever been a finer set of song lyrics penned ever? I mulled this over on today's gentle five miler up and down the Grand Union Canal which is very close to my new office. After two recent faster runs, I followed the schedule almost to the second today as I realise the benefit of recovery runs. I was down for five miles in forty minutes and covered the distance along the muddy towpath in 40.01, albeit I did dordle so much at the start singing along to Rod the Mod, I did pick it up for the last half mile. I just couldn't help it. The Modsters songs were just too infectious and when Sailing came on and I was running past the canal barges, I just had to chill out and sing along. Given I went out at lunchtime and my next run is not planned until 6.30pm on Tuesday, it almost feels like I have got a day off. Mmm, best not think like that or I'll end up running in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment