Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Tuesday 3 July 2012

Speed again! Huurraahhh

Day 185 Tuesday 3rd July 9 miles : miles to date 1209.5 The cautious optimism continued tonight, with the best run I have had in what seems like ages, albeit in reality it hasn't been that long. The schedule had me down for five mile repeats at six minute mile pace with around a three minute recovery run. Having had a week slow down and too much vino, I wasn't sure I could do that and indeed I was a bit off target. I ran the warm up first two miles at 7.25 pace and had a good stretch. I then covered the first mile in 6.05 and the second in 6.10. I had a slightly longer rest before the third mile whilst I ran with Fi, before covering the next three miles in 6.15, 6.20 and 6.19 with limited recovery time in-between. I felt my self slowing in the last two miles and was quite happy to be within touching distance of six minutes given my last weeks running. I will be sensible on Wednesday. Probably. Another bit of great news is that Fi managed to cover three miles without any foot pain, following her injury exactly five weeks ago today. It was great to be able to meet up on the way home for a run, even if we only covered part of it together. She is aiming to take part in the Great North Run in September and I will be there cheering her on all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment