Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Friday 20 July 2012


Day 202 Friday 20th July 3.1 miles : miles to date 1317.5

Boy am I glad its a Friday. I decided to just have a simple and slow run around Maulden woods, taking with my a new prezzie given to me by the ladies at work. A camoflaged hands free head umbrella that fits nicely on top of my dome. Now I suspect the item was purchased as a joke, but out it came with me as I ran around the woods in the rain. I cant quite testify to the new head gear being the most streamlined running accessory but it kept my head dry, until I realised I looked like a right plonker. Now that's not a new experience, so I quickly let it pass. As much as I like my new head gear, I suspect that its going to get relegated to BBQ cooking in the rain. Given the summer we are having in the UK, I expect to use it frequently in the months to come.
A second days tiredness on the trot meant it was back to a gentle jog around the woods without any reference to pace and time. The schedule has me down for a rest day anyway on a Friday, which clearly cant happen, so a slow three miler is the next best thing. An early night should hopefully recharge the old bones for Saturdays solitary longer run, as no one from the Saturday morning crew wants to join me. Sniff.

No comments:

Post a Comment