Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Friday 18 May 2012

Cup of tea anyone?


Day 139 Friday 18th May 3 miles : miles to date 918.3

It was a battle of the woods today. Having cheated on my favourite Clophill woods last night with Ashridge woods, I felt compelled to make amends with a run before work in my old pal. Like a naughty school boy, I went back with my tail between my legs, apologised and got back to my old trail. I'm sorry Cloppy, your still my besty mate I told it, but if you want to help me do this challenge, you have to let me run free. I ran my normal loop and no more, hugged a few trees and promised to return.
Now, Fi has just pointed out I must have spent the entire day in court, occasionally asking the odd arrow like question in cross examination (or not as the case may be), with my legs caked in mud under the pinstripe. Well, yes would be the answer to that one albeit it some dried off and dropped to the floor. There was quite a little mound of mud by the end of the day, which luckily the Judge or witness couldn't see. I did have a shower this morning, but that was around twenty minutes before my run. Yep, I know, but I needed one, didn't want to run around the village again before hand and I needed to see my old pal. I also wanted a cuppa char straight after the run. Mind you the char lady didn't half give me a funny look when I asked her to take a photo of me (I'm keeping a photo running log as well).
Right, I'm off for a bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment