Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Monday 14 May 2012

Day 135 Monday 13th May 3 miles : miles to date 900.5 If its a Monday, it must be three miles around the village on what is becoming a bit of a repetitive run. Still needs must, as I have to get short runs in for the next eleven days as I taper for the John Bunyan run. The drop in miles is going to hit my average weekly mile target. I am aiming for 2500 miles for the year, which means that today I should be at 922 miles, with an average of just over 48.07 miles per week. At just 22 miles off target, I am actually averaging very close to that each week since the start of January. I may well drop down to 21-25 odd this week, although that will go up to close to a 100 next week assuming I finish JB. The JB is around 78-80 miles, assuming we don't get lost. One of my big running worries for the year is how am I going to manage to run 3 miles the day after JB. I know from the last two 100 plus milers I have done, that I could barely walk the next day let alone run and that is a concern for me. My hope, is that by limiting it to just three marathons in a row, I wont be as out on my feet as I have been for the others. In both those races, the real pain started when we were in the 70's and kicked in big style in the 80's, when we still had 20 plus miles to cover. That, lots of drinks, slow sections and a big fry up early Saturday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment