Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Thursday 31 May 2012

Curry sauce anyone?


Day 152 Thursday 31st May 3 miles : miles to date 1039.3

 Tonights three miler had me under some time pressure. As a result of having to go to a late meeting and not being able to run at lunchtime, I was potentially going to be late for my usual Thursday night game of cards if I ran and stopped for food. As I drove home, I devised a cunning plan. I would race the chinese take away chef and see who could get there first, me with a faster 3 miles or him with, er, a bag of chips and curry sauce. Well, ok I figured out that the straight forward food order wouldn't take that long, so I popped in, told them I would be back in 25 minutes or less and shot out the door and up the road. The food collection, run finish time and card starting time all coincided so I could not afford to be late or meander. I went straight up the road in front of the take away and at 1.5 miles turned around and came back, ran into the shop, hot and sweaty, grabbed my food order to the amusement of other partakers of the fine food and was out of there. The card venue was a matter of minutes away, although I am not sure what cheesed off the chaps the most, me smelling and looking somewhat sweaty or the plate of chips and curry sauce they had to smell as the first hand was dealt. And I had covered the chips in curry with only one fork so they weren't able to pinch any. Not planned, but mean none the less!

No comments:

Post a Comment