Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Monday 28 May 2012

Days 146 - 148

Day's 146 & 147 Friday 25th and Saturday 26th May circa 82 miles : miles to date 1023.3

After some months in planning, the inaugural John Bunyan ultra trail run arrived with a bang. This was such an awesome event, it is impossible to set out all the highs and lows in this short blog, so lots of pictures and details will follow later in the week on my blog.

Day 148 Sunday 26th May 3 miles : miles to date 1026.3

This was always going to be one of the toughest run's of the year, or so I thought. After the last two hundred plus mile races I have not been able to walk the next day, let alone run. Since I came up with the idea of running all the John Bunyan trail, I have had one eye firmly fixed on today's run. Indeed, after yesterdays ultra, so many peeps at the running club asked how many miles I was going to have to run today, I think it was on a lot of other minds as well.
I was more than a tad stiff in most of my joints this morning, so an early run was shelved in favour of a trip to Tescos to purchase 40 cans of Bud, 6 Crabbies, 6 ciders and a bottle of gin. Having done so, the thought of a few very cold beers whilst sitting in the sun in the garden pushed me out of the door for a short run around the standard village loop. I was quite prepared for a slow and ponderous plod and for the first mile or so, it was the end of JB all over again. After that, the soreness in my feet eased and I was able to pick the pace up again, finishing in 25:37. Not a world record beating time I know, but if you asked me on Friday before the JB I would have taken 50 mins. So, one very happy chappy is off for a shower and several beverages.

No comments:

Post a Comment