Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Friday 1 June 2012

More food?

Day 153 Friday 1st June 4.1 miles : miles to date 1043.4 Another food related run tonight. If I don't get out early on a Friday, it's always a rush prior to the fish and chip run. Having spent a very tedious day in a court case, it was with some joy that my off chance e-mail to my running pals seeing if anyone was around for a run before food, was answered yes by Annie Page and Rebecca Fleckney who were doing a leg of Greensands. Pulling into doggers delight layby, it was great to see that Shaun Kirtley also turned up. I don't think he has been to that particular meeting point and it was clear that he was quite relieved we had turned up, given that a number of cars had pulled alongside with the occupants wanting to make friends. We ran the first part of leg five, when due to time constraints I had to turn back and cover the last two miles on my own. As I did so, I rang the other arf and due to Jnr Owen being late, we went for a pizza. Now I know Dean Karnaze is famous for eating a pizza on the run, but I partly emulated the mile muncher extraordinaire by ordering one on the run. That was after I convinced the lady on the other end of the phone that I was actually running and I wasn't a heavier breather. She realised when I arrived at the pick up 20 minutes later that I was telling the truth as I was a tad sweaty. Mmmm, boy it was good as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment