Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Monday 26 November 2012

Day 331 Monday 26th November 4.2 miles : miles to date 2191.4 The full on weekend left me suffering from the DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) and the DOWS (dehydrated Owen wine sickness) today. It comes to something when I'm sore and still have a bad head two days later, due no doubt to my Vet status which incidentally helped us bag third vet teams men's prize at the weekends race. Not quite the kiddy heights of Chester but a podium finish none the less which is the third one this year (also bagged third place in Bedford Clanger marathon), but enough about me. Opps, sorry as this is mostly about me, its time to talk about me. Again. Don't worry, another 35 days and the pain will be over. After very heavy rain all day and most of the country flooded or about to be under water, I headed for the Forest centre for a lap outside and a paddle inside. As I sat in my car, a streak of lighting known as Paul Farmer flew past at pace. I miss timed my car exiting strategy to get out just as he was coming back. Paul is a very nice chap, but he runs like the wind and I didn't want to slow him down. Never the less, he graciously did and we ran together for a mile and a half or so, dodging car's, puddles, frogs and small dinghies. He turned as I went into the centre, where upon all my hard work in puddle hopping went out the window as almost the entire path was covered in water. Ah well, you can only get wet once and the running gods had been very kind to me anyway, as it stopped raining for possibly the first time today when I set off. The rain stayed away and only my tootsie's got wet, with both the DOMS and DOWS gone by the end. Result.

No comments:

Post a Comment