Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Thursday 22 November 2012

Pop muzzac

Day 327 Thursday 22nd November 7.9 miles : miles to date 2172.8 If its a Thursday, its a standard figure of eight loop around the streets with the club. My roller coaster running week continued and I arrived feeling quite tired and with sore pins. I was late and the middle crew had gone, with the whippets also pulling out as I drove in. I can't stay with them when we start at the same time, so I resigned myself to a semi quick trot, hoping to catch the Silver Surfer and the rest on route. The wind was blowing hard and after the first three mile loop with no sign of anyone, I slowed and took it easy for the remainder, bearing in mind two pending shorter races this weekend. I couldn't catch a cold tonight and didn't see anyone until the finish. I half expected not to and went out with the long player, which I switched on for the second half. I now can't get out of my head, the classic King Kurt track Zulu Beat with its immortal chorus " jump to the Zuuullluuu beat ohh wallahwallah, ohh wallahwallah, ooh wallahwallah .'' Now listen up my running friends, if you don't pay attention to your training you to could end up like me, a former runner now addicted to searching for pop videos from the 1980's on You Tube. Leave the i-pod long play thingy machine behind or at least check your playlists. What ever you do, make sure Adam and the Ants never comes on. Blast, got to dash, I feel a chorus of "...unplug the jukebox and do us all a favour that music's lost its taste so try another flavour -antmusiiccc, ant mussiiccc " coming on. Heck, all's lost. I may not be able to run on Friday at this rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment