Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Wednesday 21 November 2012

The Ingredient run

Day 326 Wednesday 21st November 4.9 miles : miles to date 2164.9 Due to limited time and a need to order pizza, I set off at pace tonight from my lads school car park at rush hour. As soon as the garmin connected and the Foo boys kicked in for a second night in a row, I was out of the blocks like Meatloaf himself. I powered down the road, dodging cars and just ran very fast through the middle of the town centre. The more the cars pulled up, the quicker I ran. I was racing the rat race crew, knowing that I'll be in the metal death box again on the morrow. There was almost an element of anger knowing that tonight, I was fleet of foot rampaging through the streets and in an all to brief a moment, I will be back in the whistle and sitting in one of those metal coffins. Another contrasting run to the dark and x-country of last night, but real life dictated the run. The streets and lights meant that despite the cars and peeps around, I was able to hammer it for a while, until my legs rebelled. Oi, they called, you have done two fifteen plus x-c runs in the last three days and you have two races at the weekend, with a major party straddling the two, they shouted. I listened and slowed soon after, taking the rest of the run easy. On arrival home, said pizza was ordered and the best mid week invention ever was deployed. A very cold beer in a very warm shower. If you have never tried it, go for it. The ingredients of the invention are these:- 1. Exercise outside in the cold or mud 2. Mix in a shiver or mud; go inside 3. Remove said beverage from fridge 4. Ensure said fridge has a back up 5. Retreat to shower, power up and de-robe 6. Enter, feel the heat and lather 7. If you are a chap, locate the old boy who has invariably pulled up a round neck jumper and hibernated 8. Crack said tinnie and bask in the hot water/air 9. Marvel at the contrast between warm water on the outside and amber nectar on the inside 10. Chill, enjoy and plan your next run Glorious. PS As an added bonus, drink more beer and eat pizza on a midweek school night


No comments:

Post a Comment