Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Friday 23 November 2012

The new arrival

Day 328 Friday 23rd November 4.2 miles : miles to date 2177 Well seeing as everyone is getting involved with the gossip and people want to know so much, it's probably time for me to confirm that yes Fi was expecting and our little bundle of joy arrived today. She managed to cover it up well and it was just as much as a shock for me let alone anyone else. I still can't quite get my head around how quickly it's happened. Only two days ago she announced that we would be expecting a new arrival, whom we have christened Stacy to go with her sibling Gavin. I can now confirm that we took delivery of a brand new, gleaming Garmin Forerunner 310XT. Without wishing to seem as though I am showing off, we are now a two Garmin family. My old mate Gavin Garmin 205 is on his last legs and now that there are two veteran athletes to cater for, we were worried that my poor old virtual training partner may be on the way to the electronic after life, Heaven 17. I took Gavin for a gentle trot around the streets outside Marston Forest Centre and just tried to make sure that he felt appreciated. It wasn't a fast run and in fact it was almost identical to every Friday night run around the centre whilst on my way home from work. The only difference was at the end, when a chap in a head torch, running gear and ruck sack ran past me as I was getting into the car. I resisted the urge to follow as he dived into the darkness of the centre, but I was intrigued. I'm still wondering where he was off.

No comments:

Post a Comment