Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Thursday 20 December 2012

AAAAAARRGGGGHHHHHH....


Day 355 Thursday 20th December 5.9 miles : miles to date 2380.1 AAAAAARGGGHHHHH. Eleven blooming days to go and Fi is going to make me take a day off. I'll be honest, on balance I just don't want to. Today was the perfect reason why. We spent the day at Harry Potter Studio tour, London. Which was in Watford. London, really? I digress. Having done the Potterphille stuff, we braved the M1 at rush hour and arrived home tired and in need of a sit down. Would I have gone out for a run in the dark and rain (eh Philip Horan) if I wasn't on the streak? I am fairly sure the answer would be no. Instead, we arrived home and to take account of the rain, I put my shorts on (eh Phil) and just went straight out. I was going to do maybe three miles and then the legs awoke, the long play kicked in and all of a sudden I was off for a close to six miler and feeling like I could have doubled it. The hardest thing when not on a streak to run, was mostly just starting. Once away, on the whole it slips into place. I had to cut short for the obligatory card game and obviously the standard beer in the shower (if you really haven't tried it yet, you just have to. Once). I did find out that beer and shaving foam don't mix, so stick to the shower. I did try to get Fi to go for a run with me, but there was something in the way she looked at me that said, no way and if you try to get me to go I will actually kill you. I took the hint and did a Billy.

No comments:

Post a Comment