Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Monday 17 December 2012

Dap rage!!

Day 352 Monday 17th December 5 miles : miles to date 2359.3

Its confession time. I suffered from a case of go fast dap rage on tonight's little effort. After two days of bingeing, I needed to put in a faster run to remind the Earnies how to do it.
I put the long play onto fast twitch mode, donned the head torch and began motoring up the highway. I quickly slipped into pace mode and battled the 

head wind, puffing a little in truth at a pace I wouldn't normally expect. As I ran on, the weekends festivities were clearly impacting on my fitness and the beverage belly did feel a tad rotund.
I kept my focus and ran around a set of shops when bang, it happened. A bloke in a car could clearly seeing me running at pace towards him and rather than wait for me to cross a very small car park entrance, he turned right into my path. I was watching him and checked my pace. Having done so, he then stopped right in the middle of the entrance blocking me. I just lost it for a nano second and shouted very loudly to ''MOVE ITTTTT'', before diverting my energy back to the run, side stepping the back of the death trap like J.P.R. William's and charging on.
I muttered to myself for a mile, before the instructions of Salt n' Pepper made me push it, push it real good. Just like Ant and Dec, I can never tell those two apart. I did have to slow in the second half, as despite the head gear, it was too dark and dangerous to go flat out although I did put in an average of sub seven minute mile pace, which I'l happily take after the weekend beer and food fest and tonight's conditions. I had better not mention which village I was in just in case the car driver knew me, but I can say that the Forest centre was dark again tonight. Opps, given it away.

No comments:

Post a Comment