Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Monday 10 December 2012

The Old Bill run

Day 345 Monday 10th December 6.5 miles : miles to date 2300 For once I looked at the total as I knew I was close to moving into the penultimate hundred miles. I decided it would be nice to settle on a nice round number and save the 4's for Tuesday. I ran my normal six mile loop and tacked on a half mile on the course of my famous paper round race, which I won earlier this year both times of asking. The crowds were a bit sparse tonight and even Megan declined to take part. Still, the race entry limit was again reached and I didn't even advertise it this time. To be entirely fair to me, even London marathon can't boast a 100% race day entry, with such a consistent winner. Who also happens to the loser at the same time. I ran up and down the local streets a few times, looking like I was casing the hood (yuff speak apparently), going around in ever decreasing circles to get to the exact distance. I must have looked a bit of a wally to anyone looking out. What am I saying? All the sane peeps were inside, toasting marshmallows and watching the soaps. They wouldn't have bothered opening the curtains. All the same, as soon as I finished I legged it home just in case someone had called the old bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment