Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Saturday 15 December 2012

Christmas party run

Day 349 Friday 13th December 3.2 miles : miles to date 2340.8 Due to a late court hearing in Stevenage and an office party night out that I had organised, tonight's little jaunt was a madcap dash at some speed around the bustling streets of Dunstable. I had hoped to be able to do a longer one, due to the highly likely pending hangover on Saturday. Instead, I made do with jostling car's and pedestrians trying to get home at rush hour. I just ran hard, quickly and on a dull route going out with the traffic and straight back in. I arrived back in the hotel in my tight Max Wall running pants and general running garb giving a few of the peeps a bit of a shock, as they have only ever seen me in a suit. I didn't immediately say I was going to get changed and let them wonder if that was my party outfit. I eventually made my way back up to the honeymoon suite where I had been upgraded free of charge by the hotel, spending a little time on the chaise longue before heading once more into the breach dear friends, once more. If Henry V had finished that off with ''Follow your spirit or beer of choice, and upon this hotel charge, Cry 'God for Pablo, Taffyland, and Saint David" that would have been more apt as my flexible friend took a hammering in the bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment