Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Tuesday 18 December 2012

Numbers

Day 353 Tuesday 18th December 4.8 miles : miles to date 2364.1 Tonight's little jaunt was all about the numbers and the timetable;- 17.53 - change in the luxury of the office 17.55 - leave late and drive like Meatloaf as coaching 18.27 - arrive at club 18.28 - another luxury - a No.1 inside 18.30 - start running; session was 15secs x2, 30 x 2, 45 x 2, 1 min x 2, 2 min x2, 3 min x 2 , 4 min x 2 with half time recoveries 19.17 - watch Ste Hartley and Stephen Morales No. 1 outside (tut tut) 19.28 - stop session missing last two 4 min efforts 19.28 - abuse from whippets who thought I was bailing 19.30 - jump in car and leave Flitwick 19.36 - strip naked, put air condition on full and drive 19.42 - stop car, put whistle back on and stop sweating 19.59 - arrive at Wagamma's for 50th birthday meal (only 30 minutes late) 23:47 - write diary Despite having to cut the session short, I was able to bang in a few miles towards the target which is now so close I can almost count the minutes. I have become worried about picking up an injury, which is partly why I didn't pan it at the session and spent almost the entire time some distance off the lad's coat tails. The route we took was quite dark in places on the pavement and my finishing fever just made me slow, along with the apparent lack of fitness since party weekend number one just gone. With party weekend number two on its way, I fear my hard fought fitness levels are going to be hammered. Luckily enough, I only have three days over Christmas self navigating 82 odd miles across likely sodden, desolate, cold, wet, windy and undulating country side with Satnav, punctuated with beer stops at any hostellerie we may happen upon mid run. This is going to be the British ultra boys version of the Medoc Marathon, save we wont do it in fancy dress and will drink pints of brew such as Buster Nut Brown Ale, Badonk-A-Dunkel Port or Hoptimus Prime (all real). I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment