Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Thursday 11 October 2012

Day 285 Thursday 11th October 8 miles miles : miles to date 1884.8

Driving home through very heavy rain, I wasn't looking forward to running. I headed for the club and was surprised to see quite a few peeps, including Chester marathon runners in the form of the Silver surfer, Niki Bowerman and Terry McHugh. As soon as I saw them, I knew I was going to run the standard 8 mile road loop that we have to

 do around Ampthill and Flitwick in the dark nights, instead of a sneeky four or five miles.
My legs have felt better with each day and the post race blues have eased a bit. I am looking at the longer term and the truth is that I now not only believe I can go sub 3, but that I can go early 2.50's with the right training. I'm already getting excited about starting a new campaign and moving all my training targets up by 30 seconds per session ie my 7.30 mid week runs go to 7.00, my 7's to 6.30's etc. Mind you, that's for the new year.
Tonight, my legs were heavy and tired and I was very happy to amble around the streets with the gang just chewing the cud. Niki had an awful fall on a bridge early doors and hit the pavement hard. She was right back up and away, talking straight away about how she can improve her half marathon PB. Mmm, perhaps we all need a week or two off to sit back, smell the roses and quaff vino?

No comments:

Post a Comment