Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Monday 1 October 2012

The Lairy run


Day 275 Monday 1st October 3.2 miles miles : miles to date 1822.8 Having not tapered for a race for many years, I am hoping that last week and this weeks slow down will put a spring back into the old pins by the weekend. Even the voldemort schedule allows a 3 miler, rest day and two miler at the end of the week, so the streak is going against the plan. To compensate, apart from a bit of speed work at the club, this week will involve comfortable and low level runs. I was joined tonight on a just what the Dr ordered run by Lairy Gothabilly who herself is following an amazing 50 day challenge. LG and I have swapped a few messages on Fb but haven't run together before, partly due to the fact that she hasn't been at the club for ages. We had a good chat all the way around, although I probably chuntered on too much as I am prone to do. I don't think I looked at my watch once until the end when I checked to make sure we had covered three miles. All round for me at least, it was a very enjoyable run. I also know LG's real name and will spill the beans if she doesn't stick to her promise to come down to the club next week. I'm not sure if that's much of a threat mind, as it's a very nice name. Right, I'll have to make one up, wont I Englebertina?

No comments:

Post a Comment