Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Sunday 21 October 2012

Ampthill Trophy


Day 295 Sunday 21st October 5 miles : miles to date 1935.7 An out of sorts running week, was capped by a series of odd runs today. First of all, I met Annie Page early doors to recce a route for the x-c training session we are taking in a few weeks. I ran two miles and then jumped in the car to drive to the clubs Ampthill Trophy Race where I was taking photographs of all and sundry. Before I did so I hooked up with all the marshals from the club doing their duty at the club race and munched on not one but two rather tasty bacon butties whilst I cooled down. I wandered around for a tad pretending to be David Bailey taking snaps here there and every where. I followed the Jnrs race first of all, trying to snap as I did so. Phew, those boys and girls can motor. After the race, I snapped a tad more and then set off trying to follow the adult race. I gave up on the first lap and took a few strategic positions to snap the runners on the hilliest parts of the loop course. I tell you, its easier to snap than run, as the photos will tell. After the race a bit more banter, a few cakes, cup of cha and I then hit the road for a 240 mile drive to Geordieland in a time slower than I can run a marathon. Well, ok, in a time I can run slower than one marathon, but in a time quicker than 49 other marathons I have run. I can't possibly confess to the actual time in case I get pulled by the boys and girls in blue. Anyone know a good solicitor?

No comments:

Post a Comment