Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Tuesday 9 October 2012

The blues

Day 283 Tuesday 9th October 4.1 miles miles : miles to date 1873.8 As I anticipated might happen, the post race blues arrived today. I knew there was always going to be a possibility it might occur and within a week I'll get over it, but its here and right now I'm thinking my work here is done. I have focused so much on Chester, now that its done I am having to tell myself to get my buttski in gear and crack on. This happened after my last 100 mile race, when I thought what's the point in doing a marathon. I was able to refocus then and I know in a week I'll refocus again, but today it's been all about nice food, a bit of vino and not wanting to run. With under 80 days to go, the only way I'll stop now is through injury. Still, it was great to get down the club tonight and have so many peeps happy for everyone at Chester, as the truth is we all ran it very well. The great benefit to me of being part of such a great club as the AFF, is that we all seem to be interested and appreciative of everyone's efforts regardless of time and distance. The very nice comments made to me, sure as heck helped with the blues. I just wish they could help with the DOMS which have also arrived with some aplomb.

No comments:

Post a Comment