Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Tuesday 30 October 2012

Day 304 Tuesday 30th October 7.7 miles : miles to date 1993.7 It was just me, the countryside, no time dictated run and Axl Rose on the i-pod long play thingy machine today. I have been much too fixated on running pace and speed in recent months. The last two weeks I have avoided much of that which has recharged the batteries. I'm still on my hols, albeit the second week being a stay at home vacation which means I can just do what I want, when I want. If Fi lets me. I haven't run with music for age's and decided to have a slow, easy x-c from home chilling with the motley crew. Or was he in another band? Either way, it was a great,slow solo run into open countryside within a mile of starting. Not long after that, I turned a corner heading close to a copse when I came within thirty feet of the biggest Fox I have ever seen. Earlier in the year, I came across a few Fox's in one of my much missed running routes and it was great to just get back to nature again. All this road running malarkey doesn't sit well with my original wildlife career plans. I headed over to a farm in the distance and my pace dropped to a lets avoid breaking an ankle in field after field of deep animal hoof prints. The right of way took me straight through the farm itself and I swear the farmer must have left a hose on permanently at ever stile, together with animal waste pipes. At least for once it wasn't me doing the No.2's in the country. Result.

No comments:

Post a Comment