Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Saturday 27 October 2012

Day 301 Saturday 27th October 3.1 miles : miles to date 1967 Revenge is a dish best served cold. And in snow. Having pushed me out of the door a number of times this year, Fi wavered over her planned three miler and mumbled something about the temperature. I took some pleasure in making her get her kit on - there's a joke in there that I can't use due to the pre-watershed time - and pushed her and myself out the door. It is the day after the night before and we both just wanted to get the job done and get back for belated birthday fire works. The route was urban, uninspiring and we ran past a group of yuff's who mouthed the normal dull shouts. If I had the energy I would have turned back and asked them to try to think of something funny and original next time. The muttle heads just grunted rubbish and not even one run Forrest run, such was the appallingly low level of chuntering. The standard of education these days, eh. Rather unintentionally, I managed to finish right on my year of birth, which is a nice and meaningless co-incidence. Just 33 more miles to break the 2000 barrier, although a little worrying is the fact that I have dropped 89 miles behind the target mileage of 2500 for the year which means a target of an average of 59 miles a week for the next two months. I think I had better enter a marathon or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment