Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Thursday 13 December 2012

Day 348 Thursday 13th December 7.9 miles : miles to date 2337.6 I arrived at the club tonight for my last Thursday session of the year, cold, tired and a tad lethargic (still two more Thursdays but I can't get to the club). This feeling has been with me now for a little while and I can only put it down to almost finished fever. There is no other obvious reason why I should now feel tired, having been hammering away at this running lark all year without more than a handful of bad days. I just need miles now and the go fast daps have been stored by utilizing the best currently known cryropreservation methodologies. They have been put in the garage and the monster mile munchers have been dusted down. It was great to see Jerry Day back on the start line for what turned out to be quite a nippy figure of eight on the normal hilly winter loop, along with the ever dependable Silver Surfer Phil Clarke. There were only two of the ultra quick whippets springing out of the traps and I just didn't fancy another run on my own. I would inevitably have ended in the middle, so I went out for a much more social run with the lads. That wasn't the easy option as both are back on form. Despite chatting all the way, we still managed it in around 58 minutes which on a night like tonight, I will happily take. It was in truth so much easier with them both, so cheers lads.

No comments:

Post a Comment