Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Monday 17 December 2012

post party run slow down

Day 351 Sunday 16th December 9.3 miles : miles to date 2354.3

This old blokes body just can't party like its 1999 anymore. A hefty all you can eat buffet last night was followed by a huge slab of stilton at David Morley's place and more left over chinese when I eventually arrived back home.
There was no way I was going to run miles today although the 2500 target meant I had to get something in

 the bank. I set off on the paper round chase course, helping my daughter deliver a few before heading off into the blue yonder not entirely sure where I was going or how far.
I meandered around the village before heading off towards the rather swollen river Great Ouse. I didn't have the long play with me, I just tried to chill out, enjoy the scenery and for once, I dodged the puddles and the mud at least at the start. I took as many country paths I could find, so inevitably the mud made its mark at the end. It was a case of just getting the job done today, with limited athletic benefit.
It's BBC sports personality of the year tonight. I'm getting slightly anxious as no one has called to let me know when I'm going to pick up the award. Or how I'm going to get to the venue, which is 200 miles away and, er, its started. Crumbs, its possible I've missed the cut. Again. They clearly don't know I've won the paper round race both times of asking. Bar humbug.

No comments:

Post a Comment