Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Tuesday 4 December 2012

wildpoepen!

Day 339 Tuesday 4th December 6.3 miles : miles to date 2254.1 Its taken all year, but I can now say that officially I am a wildpoepen offender thanks to Jeremy Bell. It comes to something when the chairman of the club tells me at training he think's I'm a wildpoepen. Charming I thought. It appears that a Dutch footballer called Jeffrey De Visscher's has recently been convicted of the above offence, which was basically having a No 2 in a street whist no doubt under the influence. Granted we share some similarities. When we go, we both are no doubt sweating, unsteady on our feet, pong, lacking a roll or two of Andrex and probably look like we have been through a hedge backwards. The difference is I probably have been and I don't make my pit stops spectator friendly. Unless you count muntjacs and other wildlife. You do have to laugh at the Dutch mind. What a name for having an open air No 2. Anyone able to translate it into English? Luckily, the Chairmans ribbing didn't put me off training. Having made an almost miraculous recovery from my 32 hour man flu (ok I might be exaggerating a tad), it was back to the need for speed. The session was one minute running fast with 45 second recovery and repeat six times. At the end of the six, we had a two minute recovery and repeated the efforts two more times. I tried my best to hang onto the whippets which I did at the start, on a sliding scale downwards by the end. Another cracking session in my go fast daps on what was a cold wintry night. Right I'm off for a wildpoepen. It appears I'm a repeat offender. Looks like its Wormward Scrubs for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment