Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Tuesday 11 December 2012

Hello pop pickers

Day 346 Tuesday 11th December 6 miles : miles to date 2306 With exactly three weeks and two hundred miles to go, today's little trot was a laid back affair trying to re-charge the batteries and re-focus the mind for the last big push. A day off gave me the chance to don the Max Wall pants, turn up the long play and go for an easy, slow, cold cross country run. For once I blew the club speed session out, ran early and enjoyed more sumptuous repast with the clan. I put the pod on shuffle and chuckled at the eclectic mix that poured out, which included from recollection the following classics :- Funkadelic - One nation under a Groove Tenpole Tudor - Swords of a Thousand Men Pigbag - Papa's Got a brand new Pigbag Blue Oyster Cult - Don't fear the Reaper Boomtown Rats - She's so Modern Foo Fighters - Pretender Heaven 17 - Temptation Madness - Bed and Breakfast Man I felt like I was back on the 80's on the way to the school disco. Come to think of it, I was dressed the same. Skinny pants, trainers, t-shirt and a bit sweaty. Yep, I looked a wally then as well. I was just taking it slow and wound back at five miles. I was going to stop, when Ian Drury and the Blockheads came on just as I was pulling up. It would have been a sacrilege to stop at that point, so I turned around and put in another mile listening to one of the first records I ever bought. Strewth, that dates me.

No comments:

Post a Comment