Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Wednesday 5 December 2012

Fi, Foo and no 2's

Day 340 Wednesday 5th December 8.9 miles : miles to date 2263 Tonight's run can be summarised as no Fi, lots of Foo, no No2's, more Foo, seeing Fi and having a wee. You can tell I'm a legal eagle with such command of the language, innit. Having put a shout out to the super hero crew and a potential apprentice in the form of Paul Newton for a mid week stomp around the frozen wasteland of the forest centre, I was unceremoniously blown out by all. It was as a result a billy no mates wander in the dark without even Fi to keep me company. By the time I started, the temperatures had plummeted and the snow that had fallen last night that was left, was frozen, slippy and rutty. I parked a little further away than normal to encourage a longer run and soon realised it was just to dangerous to try to hammer it. So, out came the long play, on went the Foo boy's and off I trotted around the streets and two internal laps of the centre. The path inside was a mix of ice, hardened patchy snow and some clear sections. A did have a no 1 for a change, although I didn't leave the little chap dangling too long. It was nippy you know and the cold has an odd effect on a chap's rhythm stick. The darkness, head torch, misty breath and limited vision made the run as always really enjoyable. I just chilled out to the middle aged mid week mosh blaring through the ear plugs and felt very satisfied to be out there on my tod. I didn't mind what were in truth some junk miles (sorry Frankie but they do exist) put in just to ensure I don't fall even further behind target. Talking of which I now have just 26 days to cover 237 miles, which is a 9.12 mile per day average. Ohhhh, think I might have to nip back out again?

No comments:

Post a Comment