Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Monday 31 December 2012

The very last run

Day 366 Monday 31st December 3 miles : miles to date 2500 Well folks, the final run is done, the stats are in and the final results from 2012 are below. Before I get there, I have to sat thank you straight away to all of my friends for such a wonderful last run. There were so many e-mails beforehand saying well done but we can't make it for one reason or another, that I wasn't surprised when we arrived at the off and there were just seven of us to go. I really wasn't expecting many more. I now know there was an orchestrated campaign run by a certain David Cook to make me think everyone was away. It worked. I even fell for Ady's excuse that he was an elf helping at Santa's grotto. Dooohhhh. Four hundred metres down the road, it was a massive and totally unexpected surprise to be joined by thirty five other runners. I didn't have a clue and it made today for me, very special indeed. Thank you to each and every person that came out. An extra hugggeee thank you to Satnav and Sherpa Sue for allowing their home to be swamped by so many wet, thirsty and hungry runners, all of whom left with a smile on their face. The food, beverages and hospitality were hugely generous. I also have to thank Chairman Jeremy Bell for his very kind words after and the present, which was a DIY cardboard toilet called the "Shitbox". Charming but very apt. George Arbuckles and Philip Horans inscribed toilet paper was an absolute gem and Rebecca Fleckney ''The Book of Poo - A Spotters Guide" was just hysterical. Who writes a book about No2 ing? Damn, missed my call. Last but certainly not least was a fab 2012 running man that already has pride of place in the kitchen from the committee. Thank you all. So, to the stats;- 1. No of runs - 369 2. No of miles - 2500 3. No of calories burnt - 289,925 4. No of hours running - 393hrs:24mins:5secs 5. No of No2 posts - too many to count 6. No of PB's in 2012 - 8 7. Highest Team Finish - 1st Men's team Chester Marathon 8. Highest solo finish - 3rd Bedford Clanger Ultra 9. Average weight loss - 2 stone 2 pounds 10. No of beers drunk - see number 5 above 11. New PB's in 2012;- -Bedford Clanger ultra 04:23:00 (previous PB 04:52:00) -Chester Marathon 03:04:13 (previous PB 03:25:24 also in 2012) -Twenty mile 02:51:34 (previous PB 02:59:59) -Half marathon 01:27:41 (previous PB 01:40:41) -10k 39:59 (previous PB 44:04) -5 mile 30:35 (no previous race) -5k 19:10 (previous PB 20:36) 12. Highest mileage month - December 270.9 13. Highest mileage week 101 - in the last week!!! 14. Average weekly mileage - 48.07 15. Lowest mileage month - 152.2 June 16. Most calories burnt one month - 29,541 December 17. No of running shoes used - 5 18. No of mates run with - see 5 and 10 above It has been an amazing running year. I have had so many great experiences, run with so many friends and achieved more this year than in all of my last eight years of running, that it is just impossible to pick one highlight or one person alone to praise. To try to do that, would be unkind to the many, many people and friends out there who have helped me along the way. All those runs we did, those comments at training or on facebook, the pressing of the like button to my often inane ramblings, the amazing interest and support my friends have shown for the entire year, the good humoured mickey taking and the often needed kick up the backside, all of it helped more than you will ever know. So, all I can do is say thank you to each and every person out there who has been kind enough to show me any interest and support. The final word's have to be dedicated to Fi, Megan and James who have had to put up with my mad challenge all year. There have been many times when family life has been disrupted through my needing to get a run in at all sorts of silly hours and at odd times. They have all put up with my year long obsession and without their help, support and encouragement I would never have made this streak. Fi has not only put up with me, but has actively encouraged to make it, ofetn putting on her own daps and coming out of the door in all sorts of weather conditions. So, in a rare show of public emotion (I am British after all and a bloke), I love you all very much and thank you from the bottom of my heart. Which is still 42 bpm. Oppssss back to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment