Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Thursday 26 April 2012

Cake. Yeahhhh

Day 117 Thursday 26th April 3.1 miles : miles to date 768.2 After last nights over exertion, I settled for a much slower run around my old village. I lived there for five years and never once ran any of the trails, as I wasn't a runner then. Since moving, I have run around and through the place many times although I was still able to find a section I had not been down before. The Cardington Airship hangers were on the horizon and as always, were a magnificent sight as I ran towards them. The first ship to come out of the Cardington airship facility was the R31 in around 1918 and they look pretty much the same now as they did in the old black and white pictures. They are used for things like filming scenes for Batman films and Take That rehearsals (they are apparently a boy band of some description which haven't made my i-pod long play music thingy machine. No spandex, no likey). Time to prepare for MK marathon me thinks. I am sure I spied a big cake just now in the kitchen. Carbo load? Pah, gimme short stay sugar rush anytime. Yep, my money is definitely on me blowing up at 20 miles...

No comments:

Post a Comment