Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Monday 30 April 2012

Post marathon gang stuff

Day 121 Monday 30th April 3 miles : miles to date 800.4 All Ampthill and Flitwick Flyers need to take a leaf out of my wife's book on how to promote your running club, based on tonight's effort from her. My lad was taking part in an athletics event at Bedford Stadium and as she arrived there were hundreds of harriers waiting outside. Out she strode bold as brass right through them, proudly wearing one of her two bright red AFF hoodies (one for training and one for wearing). The way she tells it, a scene from the Warriors springs to mind. One lone solitary member of the red gang, striding through the massed ranks of the yellow gang, waiting for the inevitable confrontation. It seems whispers and stares were the order of the day, with her boldness vanquishing any thoughts of a stand off. Or they just didn't see her? As for the run, I have managed to pick up a calf strain in my left leg in my sleep overnight. I wouldn't normally have run, but I cant let the streak down particularly as I am one day off exactly one third of the year in. As a result I took it very easy and went at a snails pace around the forest centre, where I bumped into Katie Ruditis at the end just as she was going for a sneeky Monday run. My marathon problems have started to retreat, although it was with some satisfaction that I pointed out to Fi earlier that the jar of Sudacrem I have carried around for the last eighteen months in my bag, finally became useful. Now all I need to find a use for is that tub of brylcream. Any suggestions?



No comments:

Post a Comment