Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Tuesday 3 April 2012

The Welsh connection

Day 94 Tuesday 3rd April 4.4 miles: miles to date 612.5 Ahh, the glorious British weather. Last week I was up in Edinburgh in a t-shirt and shorts at around 22 degrees and the forecast for Wednesday is snow up there and quite close to here. Go figure? Still, it was great to miss the rain tonight whilst training in the light in Ampthill park for the first time since the end of last summer. I was coaching alongside a couple of fellow coaches who have the potential to be quite good, as long as they follow my lead. I know they have both been coaching for a lot longer than me, are more experienced runners, more liked, smell better and are not Welsh, but I have a few ideas to spruce things up. A rousing rendition of Sosban Fach (despite me being the only Welsh in the village), beer instead of sports drinks and every training run being at least ten miles cross country. Not sure I'll ever get past a grade 1 coach with that suggestion list, but it works for me every weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment