Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Saturday 28 April 2012

Day 119 Saturday 28th April 3.4 miles : miles to date 771.2 Marathon or ultra number 48 lined up for tomorrow in Milton Keynes and the weather forecast is atrocious. As it is so close, there are loads of peeps from running club doing it, so will be great to see a few friendly faces, below zipped up hoodies I expect. I have to give a big shout out to two non club runners who are also joining the dark side. Neale Else has come a huge way in a very short space of time in his running career and is running his first full marathon, with only a few half's under his belt. Carolyn O'Connor is running only her second I think and has picked what could be a good one. Tremendous respect from me to both and I just hope they can enjoy the day whatever the weather. And the beer or vino that flows after. Having run so many, I just don't get nerves anymore. Its not a showing off type thing, but rather a statement of fact. In lots of ways, I miss everything they are both going through tonight and as soon as they wake up in the morning. The nerves, the excitement, the buzz, the sense of anticipation and the whole newness of the event are part and parcel of the day. The loss of some or all of that does in part detract from the event for me and I do miss it. So, my advice to both is try to hold on and remember it all before you get jaded, angry, old and pathetic like me. Mmm, ok, that was a bit harsh, but the point is I hope they soak it all in. That having been said, I am in part experiencing part of the same feelings. Without trying to be too indelicate and going back to No.2 jokes, a very dodgy egg yesterday led to 3 visits to the little boys room in the night and around six today. Unfortunately this is no joke. The big D has struck and I am not entirely sure how I will make it around tomorrow, given the lack of fields and hedge grows. I might be posting on Sunday from a cell for public order offences!

No comments:

Post a Comment