Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Wednesday 11 April 2012

Gin & tonic?

Day 102 Wednesday 11th April 5.9 miles : miles to date 683.1 The last few days running caught up with me today as my usual early morning mid distance run was replaced with a gentle trot with my knightest in shiny armour, Fi. Despite being somewhat tired herself after a memorable trail run with me at the weekend and looking like she was ready for an early night when I got in, out she came for a run. I cant pretend it was an easy one, as despite taking it slow the legs were just tired. Still, I know enough now to realise that I have never got back home afterwards regretting a run, which remains true. Having arrived home, I asked Fi if she had drunk some water, to which she replied yep, tonic water with a bit of gin in it. I contemplated for a moment issues of hydration and promptly followed the coaches lead. Mind you, she has just wandered past me grumbling something about her legs hurting. Guess I cant blame the gin on that?

No comments:

Post a Comment