Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Sunday 30 September 2012

Day 274 Sunday 30th September 5 miles miles : miles to date 1819.6 Another cold morning reliving my rugby playing days vicariously through my lad, meant I was tired and need of a rest before today's jaunt. I am now firmly in taper mode and I didn't need much persuading to hop on the couch for an hour or two. Trouble is I didn't want to get off, until prized away by Fi late afternoon. I would like to say we had a great, easy and speedy cross country five miler, but we didn't. We were both tired and took it easy all the way. I certainly wouldn't have gone that far without her today, so thanks Fi. I think? A few more days and the carb loading will start and the weight lost will zip back on. My monthly weigh in saw me dip below 12 stone for the first time in quite literally 17 odd years, with 11 stone 11lbs. I cannot in fact recall when I was last in that bracket and I am guessing around my wedding day? At my age, weight has nothing to do with vanity but running speed. It just cannot be a coincidence that the drop in weight has come at the same time as a big increase in my speed. Just another stone then and I'll be flying. Whhooaa there Fi, just kidding. Anyway, in line with my earlier ranting's at the BMI calculators, at five foot eight (and a half..) I'm still borderline overweight. By the end of the week I'll be firmly back in that bracket.

No comments:

Post a Comment