Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Sunday 8 July 2012

Another PB! Happy days

Day 190 Sunday 8th July 13.1 miles : miles to date 1245.4 The targeted training plan appears to be continuing to reap dividends, as I ran a new half marathon PB this morning in 01:36:59 on what was a six am training run with the Flying Scotsman. My last half marathon was way back in 2005 when I ran 01:40:41 which hurt. We were meant to run 16 miles in two hours, but had to cut the run short due to the Olympic torch coming through Bedford. We kept the pace steady at around 7.30 per mile which is what the plan said, although once we knew we didn't have enough time to get the full sixteen in, we probably picked it up a little over the last mile. My garmin said 13.10 and George's 13.11, so I feel fairly confident about the distance. That probably translates to about 1.33 for a half, but in a race who knows? I really need to get closer to 1.30 but that's a little way off yet. Still, two PB's in a weekend means this little Welsh lad feels a little optimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment