Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Wednesday 18 July 2012





Day 200 Wednesday 18th July 11.1 miles : miles to date 1311.1 The Gospel according to St. Paul:- 1. Eleven miles on a very muddy and wet canal tow path at lunchtime, will get you very, very dirty, soaked and smelly 2. Wool, pinstripe solicitor suits will hide caked on mud 3. Wool pinstripe etc wont mask pong 4. Twenty seven baby wipes wont get all the mud off your legs 5. Sodden and muddy shorts will leave bum cheek imprints on plush blue office chairs 6. Trimming of chest hair, will mean that your nipples bleed badly in the rain 7. Foo Fighters rock: Leo Sayer doesn't 8. Canal barges aren't that fast, so overtaking one doesn't mean much 9. Putting feet in paper bins and scrapping mud off, stops some of it from hitting the floor 10. The bald, sodden, filthy and streaming nipple blood covered t-shirt look doesn't go down well in new offices with peeps that don't know you well 11. Food and water before and after shouldn't be an optional extra 12. Don't perspire on new work mates


Another nice round number on the board with 200 days in the bag. The schedule had me down for ten miles in 1 hour 15 minutes and as usual I set off to fast. Given I have had a few harder runs recently, I did slow down a tad albeit covered it in 01:13:40. My breathing was fine but my legs were heavy. The path was filthy and I was quite glad to reach the ten, before jogging in for the last mile as a warm down. The problem then being my legs in particular were as dirty as they have ever been after a run. Luckily, I only had to wait six hours for a shower...

No comments:

Post a Comment