Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Thursday 5 July 2012


Day 187 Thursday 5th July 7.4 miles : miles to date 1226.2 After the last two nights, there was no way I was going to be able to stick to the schedule for another quick run. The club were putting on the monthly hilly 5k time trail around the currently under construction Centre Parcs near Flitwick. I texted the silver surfer Phil Clarke and luckily for me he wanted to do a slower cross country so we meet at the club and the two of us set off. I just had no energy and Phil didn't seem to mind me chugging along slowly behind him a fair section of the way. The recent weather meant most of the trails we took were heavily over grown and the path coming down through Kings Wood was very muddy and slippy all the way down, to the extent that we crawled to avoid doing the splits. It seems that Phil didn't learn much from his recent fell race and was content to take it easy all the way, instead of head down and lean into the hill like the mad lot that run such races properly. It was also very humid and my three coffees today clearly dehydrated me. Still, a salty bag of chips and cartoon of curry sauce perked me up afterwards, although I did get a few strange looks in the chippy standing there as I was still dripping in my running gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment