Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Friday 13 July 2012


Day 195 Friday 13th July 5 miles : miles to date 1277.9 This wonderful British summer continues to bucket it down like cats and dogs. I think we last saw the sunshine in 1893. Still at least I have saved a fortune on sun cream. That having been said, it was dry and quite warm all day. It didn't actually start to rain heavily until I started to run, or rather more accurately two minutes before I ran as I sat in the car wondering, why? The why was simple. My lad was running four laps or six miles around the lake for his Scout fitness challenge and Fi thought it was a good idea that we went up to help. It rained enough at the start to drench us, before getting cold and dark. Oh what fun we had as we waddled around the trail, dodging increasingly bigger puddles. I did manage to slip a quicker lap and a bit into the run, although to give full credit to Jimbo he covered the full six miles. I walked the last mile with Fi and Daisy the dog but will only claim five for the total.

No comments:

Post a Comment