Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Monday 2 July 2012

Day 184 Monday 2nd July 6 miles : miles to date 1200.5 At last a note of cautious optimism. I was able to run past 3 miles for the first time in a week without any groin pain and with a little bit of speed, although not too much. I parked up and trotted off into the woods, determined not to run quicker than around 8 minute mile pace. It was wet, but warm and within a quarter of a mile I found myself back in the joy zone, totally immersed in the quietness of the trail, rain, brief isolation and moving, pain free lower limbs. I pushed on a little and felt myself begin to puff just a tad. Boy that was such a good feeling. I might have run every day over the last seven days, but it was totally without effort and I feel as though I have even lost a bit of fitness. After the first mile, I stopped at the end of each remaining mile and stretched the groin a bit each time. At mile four, the rain became harder and I just stood for a few minutes and just enjoyed the moment. This might have been my 184th run in a row, but I am really enjoying this experience and I just cant wait to get out there again. I know I cant go straight back into out and out speed work and will build up and hopefully the injury wont come back. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment