Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Friday 6 July 2012

Day 188 Friday 6th July 3 miles : miles to date 1229.2 Now in the good ole days, I wouldn't have been sat here at 8 pm on a Friday trying to get motivated to go for a run and looking forward to a refreshing glass of water after. But then, I was over four stone heavier and heading for a premature bath at 53 like my dad and brother. I might of course still be heading that way, but if I am I wont be a happy bunny with all this abstinence malarkey. Guess I'd better not push this one too far given its only been five days since my last beer. And four hours, twelve minutes and twenty eight seconds, nine, thirty..... As for the run, it was a tired, lethargic affair which didn't do me any good what so ever. I am now extra tired, grumpy and a bit achy. If I follow the elders of the clan, I've only got nine years left so I'm having second thoughts about this running lark and think I 'd best hit the clubs to recapture my yuff. Or maybe not. Think I'll just have an early night instead with a nice cup of tea. OMG, I sound like Boy George, (the pop star not the Flying Scotsman) who famously said he preferred a cuppa to a bit of nocturnal meandering. I think I'll give the tea a miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment