Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Wednesday 4 July 2012

Day 186 Wednesday 4th July 9.3 miles : miles to date 1218.8 I had an odd run tonight. The schedule had me down for a recovery 8 miles in an hour, which is 7.30 mile pace. I set off to fast as I am having trouble finding a steady 7.30 pace and covered the first 4 miles in 7.10 pace, 10k in around 43:35 and the eight in 57:45, which averaged out at 7.13 per mile. The trouble is that it was not one thing or another. The extra 20 seconds per mile on top of last nights speed session, meant that it wasn't a recovery run and my legs were tired by the end, but neither was it a lung busting tempo run. I know what I am doing wrong, which is trying to run faster almost every time I go out. The trouble is that I am running faster than I have ever run before and being able to run at 7.10 odd pace without puffing and panting is just egging me on and making me want more. I have had such a change in mindset when it comes to faster, shorter and harder training runs. My ultra mind would tell me not to bother with anything under six miles, even as a slow recovery run. Now I am switched on totally to the benefits of three or four mile fast runs. The downside is that these posts are actually talking about running instead of having no 2's at the bottom of someone's garden my music of choice ( Def Leppard by the way as I am very middle aged, Welsh and proud of it! Not that DF were Welsh, but there you go).

No comments:

Post a Comment