Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Tuesday 17 July 2012

Day 199 Tuesday 17th July 7 miles : miles to date 1300 Another hard track session tonight with an exact seven miler, brings me up to a nice round spot on 1300 miles for the year to date. I am in fact 59 miles off the year target, but I should pick that up as the marathon miles begin to increase. After Sundays race, my legs were still tired as I lined up with the club for twelve times two minute efforts, followed by four one minute efforts. I set off with the whippets and made three efforts before they got faster and I slowed down. Every time I looked at my watch, it said sub six minute mile pace save for the last effort when I slowed. Despite that, the whippets just eased away with little apparent effort and I wasn't even in their slip stream. They must have been moving along at sub 5.30 pace and it really hammered home to me how much work I still have to do, to get me where I want to be in terms of race speed. I am starting to question if I have enough time before my target marathon and guess will just have to review the training and the plans over the next eight to ten weeks. I drowned my woes after training in a nice big glass of squash with an athletic burger and banger at the club BBQ. You could tell it was an athletic club BBQ, as there was one bottle of win and umpteen bottles of soft drinks. I did make up for it, with one glass of G&T when I got home. It was actually a triple in a pint glass, but it was still only one glass. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment