Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Saturday 14 July 2012

Parkrun 5k

Day 196 Saturday 14th July 3.9 miles : miles to date 1281.8 Its all about Fi today. Fi Fi Fi Fi Fi. I know its normally about me, but its about Fi today. Having been out for over five weeks, she edged back into the Parkrun 5k last weekend and repeated it this morning with a fine run and an improvement in her time. I paced her around and manfully ignored the feelings of anger that were being directed towards me as I tried to encourage her in the last 1/2k in particular. The reality is that no matter what time you run a 5k in, if you run it at the top end of your threshold it will hurt. Fi ran well today and whilst she is off her PB territory, to be able to push so well at the end of your second week back was impressive. But then I am biased I guess. She left her barcode at home and couldn't get an official time or have her number of races run in recorded. Having eyed a chap with a 50 Parkrun t-shirt on, she cant fancied one of those. It wont take long she said before realising he had run a race almost every week for an entire year. Thankfully, she was happy to re-aim for a 10 Parkrun t-shirt which will be a little easier to achieve me thinks?

No comments:

Post a Comment