Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Monday 19 November 2012

Apathy...

Day 324 Monday 19th November 4.7 miles : miles to date 2144.3 After mudfest, tonight's run was always going to be a bit of a dull affair. An intended lunch time canal run was swapped due to work reasons, for a rather miserable run from my old pal Maulden Woods and the ever dodgy Doggers delight car park. It has been a fair while since I parked up there in the dark, albeit my only concern was the lack of the dirty mac brigade which left my car a tad lonely in the dark. I set off in just a thin top and after a few minutes noticed it was a lot colder than I thought. I fought the wind, cars whizzing by me within feet on the A6 and the onset of - and really sorry for this - apathy. I just didn't have the drive, energy or mental fortitude to enjoy tonight's trot and it was all I could do not to turn back sooner than I did. It all went Pete Tong. I slowed to a crawl, the i-pod ran out, the wind chill increased, the commuting cars all did their best to clip me and I didn't even get flashed at. My intended six or so miler, was cut short. There are days when you can, days when you can't and days when you just want to sit in front of West Side Story with a pizza and a nice Cote Du Rhoné. You can guess where I wanted to be tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment